Sunday, February 7, 2016

Street Styles in a ALL Styles Dance Battle





Wassup my fellow audience, in this post I am talking about dance battles and why I believe i may never win one in Chicago.

My style of dance is a mix between animation, pop lock, and hip hop. It can be referred to as a street style mainly because it is self taught and comes as a outlet, in a negative society, to be positive. I have not taken any classes to learn, just simple hard work, time, and dedication. 

All styles in Chicago dance scene, in my opinion is not all styles. It is a few styles from very close observations and up close research i can say it consists of 3 main styles. Chicago Foot work, Pop Lock, and House. Bboying can also count as all styles, however, bboys have their own circuits of bboy battles and usually don't compete in a all styles dance battle.

I have wayyy more information to reveal and many secrets to unfold but alas i don't want to over saturate anyone. so next post i will go into further the bias of Chicago dance scene and more updates on the porch.

the porch is a reality web series about me and my crew mainly Darth Aviation the peeps in the vid below

Check below to see a clip of me and my peeps dancing in the style of animation downtown Chicago


1 comment:

  1. This is actually a cool video. Since you have an entire channel you should definitely highlight that in your sidebar. When the video ends your reader / watcher has no way to check out more. If your big break just saw this post, its easy to lose you again. Cross promote your stuff.
    - give people an option to follow this blog
    - give people a way to connect with you on social media
    #MKTG355

    ReplyDelete