Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Dance Battles are not about Dance?!

Aight My Peeps get ready for a rant and a video clip! Today, right now I am going to grant you special privileges and make you all dance judges. Every single dance battle competition I have ever been to I have lost either the first round or did not make it passed prelims. I only enter in to all styles dance battles. My conclusion was that all styles was not and is not what I think it is. I thought dance battles was where two dances compete to see who dances better.

But at this event I managed to get some of dance footage of me battling it out.




after watching the video I think I won. With no bias I really think I won. The person I battled is a friend so there is no shade being thrown.  I just want to figure out why I don't get to advance.
Who do you think won?...


I have respect for all dance and dance styles. I know what looks good and what doesn't. I have seen the best and the worst of dance and with that knowledge I feel I can accurately rank levels of different styles to those that battle. with that knowledge anyone can qualify to hold certain privilege to judge a dance battle. of course there is more to judging different battles with different styles. I myself don't particularly have a style I just move my body. but I have rhythm, style, musicality, and motion... I think the judges look for that cultural/ traditional dance styles because its what they are used to.

hope you enjoyed and see ya next post with a probable update on the Porch!

Also subscribe to me on Youtube for more usually good quality creativity here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmtr2nyIaS7R465hP5D24Q

or if you're into art

instagram: @kolinmyimage   @w.a.g_art

No comments:

Post a Comment